|Dr Robert Baird|
Dr Baird is an Australian trained Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in hip and knee surgery and orthopaedic trauma. He is trained and certified in the use of Robotic Arm assisted Joint Replacement Surgery.
After completing his training in South Australia he conducted further sub-specialty training in complex joint replacement surgery at St Michaels Hospital, Toronto, Canada and orthopaedic trauma surgery at Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada.
A Special interest of his is joint replacement surgery and revision surgery which includes problems due to fractures, infection, loosening, instability or implant fractures.
Dr Baird is one of the first surgeons in South Australia to be trained and certified in the use of Robotic Arm Assisted Joint Replacement using the Stryker MAKO robotic system TM. This has been shown to result in improved surgical accuracy, a more natural feeling of the joint replacement and faster rehabilitation time.
Dr Baird is a member of the arthroplasty unit at the Royal Adelaide Hospital where he is a senior visiting surgeon.
- Flinders University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Adelaide (1995)
- Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours, University of Adelaide (1996)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Flinders University (2000)
- Fellowship Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (2008)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association Young Leaders Forum
- New Royal Adelaide Hospital and Theatre committee
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Hip and Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Osteosynthesis and Trauma Care Foundation
Current Appointments (Public Hospitals):
- Senior Visiting Medical Specialist Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Senior Visiting Medical Specialist Modbury Public Hospital
Private Hospital Admitting Rights
- Burnside War Memorial Hospital
- Calvary Wakefield Hospital
- Burnside Specialist Centre, 120 Kensington Rd, Toorak Gardens
- North Eastern Community Hospital, 580 Lower North East Road, Campbelltown
- Mawson Lakes Medical Centre, 12 Main St, Mawson Lakes
- Paragon Specialist Centre, 97- 99 Smart Road, Modbury
- Franklin House, Mark Oliphant Building, 8/5 Laffer Drive, Bedford Park