|Dr Robert Fassina|
Dr Robert Fassina is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in the treatment of Arthritis of the hip and knee.
After completing his orthopaedic training in Adelaide, he completed a 12-month fellowship in joint replacement surgery in Canada’s leading joint replacement institution (London Health Sciences Centre, London Ontario). On returning to Adelaide he has continued to seek the opportunity to refine his skills and adopt alternative techniques to be able to provide his patients with optimal outcomes.
With a desire to be able to provide his patients with the highest standards of care and the latest evidence based techniques, Dr Fassina has continued developing techniques and skills to improve his patients outcomes. After exploring Robotic Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery and the proven benefits of it (less post operative pain, shorter hospital stays and more accurate and patient specific implantation of prostheses) he is pleased to be able to offer this treatment option for appropriate patients.
Dr Fassina believes in an evidence-based approach in the management of his patients and is passionate about educating them as to the best options available for their treatment.
He offers an extended service from his rooms at Burnside Hospital and will ensure all new patient referrals are seen within 1 week of being received.
- University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Adelaide (2001)
- Fellowship Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (2010)
- Fellowship Australian Orthopaedic Association (2014)
- Chair of Theatre and Instrument Committee, Orthopaedic and Trauma Service, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- VMO representative to the Executive Board, Orthopaedic and Trauma Service, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Orthopaedic VMO Representative for the Clinical Review Committee, The Burnside War Memorial Hospital.
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Robotic Knee and Hip Replacement – Makoplasty TM
- Minimally invasive hip replacement surgery – including the Direct Anterior Approach
- Knee replacement surgery
- Revision joint replacement surgery
- The treatment of sports injuries to the knee (meniscus and ACL repair and reconstruction)
- Australian Orthopaedic Associations
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association South Australia
- Senior Visiting Medical Specialist Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Senior Visiting Medical Officer Ceduna Hospital
Private Hospital Admitting Rights
- Burnside War Memorial Hospital
- Memorial Hospital
- Calvary Wakefield Hospital
- St Andrew’s Hospital
- Darwin Private Hospital
- Burnside Specialist Centre, Suite 3, 120 Kensington Road, Toorak Gardens, South Australia
- Ceduna Hospital, 3 Eyre Highway, Ceduna, South Australia
- Cadell Street Medical Clinic, 31B Cadell Street, Goolwa, South Australia
- Darwin Private Hospital, Rocklands Drive, Tiwi, Northern Territory